Sunday, January 11, 2015

35 weeks and some change

Hello from somewhere within the 35th week.  I am ready for a healthy happy baby!  And I am 100% ready to be done with pregnancy.  Last night my legs were twitching, my hips were on fire, and I cried for about 45 minutes somewhere between the hours of midnight and 2 am.  And the crying, no clue why!  But I just tried to relax, and let it come.

But it's weird...while I am ready to be done with pregnancy, and I am so ready to meet our baby, my anxiety the last few weeks has definitely intensified.  There have been moments where I find myself worrying about the shock of when she gets here, the potential for postpartum depression, how we'll handle those first days home.  And then I have to tell myself, why the hell waste time worrying.  If it happens, if I'm an emotional wreck, if I go through a period of shock like I did when I found out I was pregnant, I can deal with it then.  No need to give it any of my time in advance.

So for these last couple of weeks, I am trying to focus on relaxing.  On really spending a lot of quality time with my husband, friends, and family.  Baby clothes have been washed and put away, bags are getting packed, and the nursery is coming together.  It is fun playing with clothes and thinking of the little girl that will be wearing them before we know it!

And now, without further ado, bump pics at 35 weeks!





Weeks along: 35

I'm feeling:  I dove into this above but again, it's a mixed bag. I'm sore, emotional, and nervous, but I am also super excited and ready to meet our lady!  It's a really crazy thing to go through, to be so happy and excited but also so scared and nervous.  I will say, for the most part, I just try and go with the flow and it seems to work!

3 Pros of the week: Back on antibiotics to try and clear this sinus infection up, a few nights out with friends and an awesome Sunday at my parents house watching the Packer game!

3 Cons of the week:  My midnight meltdown, the freezing cold, and my hips!

Best moment of the week: Sunday at my parents house-such great time!

Movement: My belly is always moving.  We have moved away from little kicks and flutters to some hardcore fist pumping or something!  I think she is trying to escape.  And the pressure on my bladder is crazy!

Up Next:  We have a few classes coming up over the next two weeks and this Tuesday, as in two days, we have our 36 week appointment where they will do an ultrasound!  Looking forward to seeing our baby and maybe starting to discuss the labor process!

No comments: