Thursday, March 28, 2013

Allergies...


I have been sick for the past two weeks.  I think it is a mix between a cold, and some intense allergies.  I am just starting to feel normal again!

I didn’t have seasonal allergies until I hit the last few years of college but since then, whenever the weather changes, the runny nose, scratchy throat, and itchy eyes rear their ugly little heads. 

And while apparent allergies haven’t been around for years, I have had a persistent throat clearing/cough…like since I was a little kid.  Seriously, I’m known for it!

I don’t know why it clicked this year, probably had something to do with the random emails my mom sends me about health and wellness, but I decided to head into the doctor’s office and lay it all out on the table.  Hopefully I’ll get some answers soon.  I am scheduled to see an allergist in two weeks.  I’m sure their going to tell this self-proclaimed cat lover that I am allergic to cats (cool, give me a pill…I’ll deal!), but I am hoping we uncover some other allergies that I haven’t paid enough attention to. 

I’m just ridiculously sick of this whole being sick often thing.  Not cool!  Especially since I try to be a decently healthy person.  I have an appointment with an allergist next Friday and I am stoked to get some answers!  In the meantime, I’ll keep popping vitamins and allergy medicine, along with a few teaspoons of coconut oil daily-which is surprisingly supposed to be awesome for the immune system! 


No comments: