Monday, June 4, 2012

Adventures in Alaska...Part 1

Alaska was a blast!  I am definitely coming off of a high and have the "just got back from vacation blues"....I suppose it doesn't help that I have a bum foot, but going back to work today was hard.  I didn't go in until noon, and by 3 pm I was ready to blow that popsicle stand but I stuck it out.  

And the foot thing, well that's just one little (well, actually a big) part of the vacation, but I'll start from the beginning.

Our trip started out on Friday May 25th.  We flew to Seattle via Denver and hopped on a bus for a three hour ride to the ferry port.  When we arrived, Terri met us right away and we quickly met up with Denis.

We chilled for a bit while the cars were loaded onto the ferry, and once we got on the ferry, we got to enjoy watching the people set up tents on the decks of the ferry.  You can pay for a cabin, or set up a tent/sleep on chairs under a closure and heat lamps.  It was quite the site!

We spent the weekend on the ferry, playing games, taking pictures, and relaxing.  Chaz and I got off in Ketchikan to enjoy the town for a few hours but other then that, we just stayed on the boat...it was just like a little cruise!

Port
Lovely scenery
I was even a good girl and snuck in a workout in my cabin! You can take that 30 Day shred bizzo anywhere!

Cabin

We arrived in Juneau on Memorial Day at 4am and headed to the hostel Laine works at to catch some z's!

Check back later for Part 2!

No comments: